Tuesday, May 5, 2009

May 5th...its Cinco de Mayo!

Well I have had the surgery now, and many tests run...more then I'd like! I just hope we don't have to do anymore. I go back to the surgeon tomorrow for my post op visit. Something still isn't right though...I guess I will have to wait and see what she thinks is going on. blah!

On another note, we have a new addition to our family! Lil Bella Mae, a miniature schnauzer. She was 12 weeks old when we got her. She is an absolute sweetheart and so smart! We got her 2 days before my surgery and in that time (we've only had her 2 weeks now) she is potty trained to use her pad (sometimes she accidentally misjudges and misses it lol) and knows the command sit! Such a smart lil girl. She will get the last of her booster shots in 2 weeks then I can start taking her for walks and potty training outside.

Here is another one of her giving my youngest Daughter a kiss! lol




I have also gotten more involved in scrapping and card making and I am having a blast! I had never done any stamping or card making before, and oh my goodness...this could become a very quick addiction! LOL

I'm still crocheting, working on 2 different afghans. I'm hoping to have the largest one finished up here soon.


Oh and I came across an AWESOME tip that I'd like to share!!!

If you don't have a Cuttlebug and would like to emboss here is a neat little trick...use a ROLLING PIN! I would have never thought of that! I found that tip on a forum somewhere, sorry I can't remember where to give credit. I have bookmarked so many lately! lol

You will need-
Rolling Pin
Spray Bottle
Embossing Folder
Tape
Paper

  1. Spritz your paper. This makes the paper more plyable, the paper will take the embossing easier.
  2. Tape the Folder closed. Otherwise while you are trying to use the rolling pin the Folder will keep opening up and the paper will move.
  3. Start rolling. I have found that if you use the edges of the rolling pin you will get deeper embossing marks. It will be trial and error getting use to how much pressure to use. And thats it!
Well back to looking for some of that good candy! ;)
Have a great day!

No comments: